We are an ARRL Affiliated VE Team and can provide testing services to any club or group that requests our services within the Saint Louis Metro area. Use the contact form to reach us.
More info can be found here: http://www.arrl.org/news/view/fcc-application-fees-unlikely-to-go-into-effect-until-2022
Email Address Requirement Effective June 29, 2021 - all amateur radio licensees and candidates will have to provide the FCC with an email address on applications.
If no email address is included, the FCC may dismiss the application as defective. The FCC is fully transitioning to electronic correspondence and will no longer print or provide wireless licensees with hard-copy authorizations or registrations by mail. More info: FCC-20-126A1.pdf
What to bring
FIRST TIME TESTING
- To minimize “table time” filling out paperwork, please complete the ARRL NCVEC Form 605 electronically and bring a copy with you.
- A legal photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport, etc)
- Test Fee ($15 Cash Only)
- FCC FRN Number (this includes if you have any other FCC issued license. e.g. GMRS, Marine, etc)
- If you do not have an FRN number issued, you MUST register for an FRN prior to testing.
- Basic calculator if desired
- Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they’re free of notes and formulas
- The items listed for First Time Testing
— PLUS —
- Bring either a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license or a reference copy printed out from the FCC website, the license information printed from ARRL website or QRZ website, or the original(s) and photocopy(s) of any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. If your license has already been issued by FCC, the CSCE showing license credit is not needed. The photocopy(s) will not be returned. The ARRL provides instructions for obtaining an official FCC License Copy.
What NOT to bring
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE TESTING AREA:
- Programmable calculator (unless you can demonstrate that the memory has been completely cleared/wiped)
- Any written notes or calculations
Kolping Soccer Fields & Complex
4648 Meramec Bottom Road
Saint Louis, MO 63128
This location is 2/10th of a mile west of the Southbound I-55 & Meramec Bottom Rd offramp. The driveway is on the left-side of the road. Look for the “VE Testing” signage. Look for the first driveway on the left after you cross the creek. There is also a large Kolping Soccer Club sign as well.
Be advised that mapping programs may not have an accurate mapping location if you put in the address.
DOORS OPEN AT 1PM
As always, walk-ins are welcome but please contact us ahead of time if possible.