We are an ARRL Affiliated VE Team and can provide testing services to any club or group that requests our services within the Saint Louis Metro area. Use the contact form to reach us.
In compliance with the new 30-day stay-at-home order in place for Saint Louis County that went into effect on March 23rd, we will not be providing testing for the month of April.
More information regarding the Saint Louis County Library can be found here.The Cliff Cave VE Team will continue to monitor the library's response and adjust our test sessions accordingly in compliance with health directives and our library hosts. Please continue to check our website for the most up-to-date information.
What to bring
FIRST TIME TESTING
- A legal photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport, etc)
- Test Fee ($15 Cash Only)
- FCC FRN Number (this includes if you have any other FCC issued license. e.g. GMRS, Marine, etc)
- If you do not have an FRN number issued, your SSN will be used on the initial paperwork
- Basic calculator if desired
- Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they’re free of notes and formulas
- The items listed for First Time Testing
— PLUS —
- Bring either a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license or a reference copy printed out from the FCC website, the license information printed from ARRL website or QRZ website, or the original(s) and photocopy(s) of any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. If your license has already been issued by FCC, the CSCE showing license credit is not needed. The photocopy(s) will not be returned. The ARRL provides instructions for obtaining an official FCC License Copy.
What NOT to bring
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE TESTING AREA:
- Programmable calculator (unless you can demonstrate that the memory has been completely cleared/wiped)
- Any written notes or calculations